The implementation of Jockey club "Post diagnostic Support in Dementia Care Programme" is honorably donated by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust to the collaborators including Jockey Club Centre for Positive Ageing, join with Haven of Hope Christian Service, Evangelical Lutheran Church Social Service - Hong Kong and The Lok Sin Tong Benevolent society Kowloon.
This innovative and trial project lasts for three years, mainly supports the suspected person with mild cognitive impairment, early dementia and their caregivers. This project adopts the model of family intervention and empowerment, to promote “Early detection, and screening, early diagnosis and early intervention”, to assist the above person to draw up a suitable care plan, and caregivers can acquire a new perspective to understand their own caring role in order to accumulate the positive caring experience, knowledge and skill, and to minimize the impact coming out from the care, walk along with dementia person.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Establish a family-approach intervention model targeting people newly diagnosed with dementia and their family caregivers who are currently not targeted by public healthcare services
- Strengthen self-efficacy and resilience of family caregivers for further dementia care tasks
- Equip people newly diagnosed with dementia with knowledge and skills on healthy aging in the hope to delay further deterioration
- Promote the concepts of early diagnosis and empowerment to the care recipients and caregivers in family approach to local general practitioners and social welfare sector
- Raise public awareness in dementia and importance of early screening, early diagnosis, and early intervention
People aged 50 or above with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or early stage of dementia and their caregivers.
Participants will be granted a one-off HK$500 general practitioner service fee. (Only for cognitive diagnostic consultation. Participants may need to pay for the remaining medical fee, i.e. Blood test, Medical Imaging, Medication, etc)
Other services in this program: Free of charge
Tel.: 2272 9848
Address: G/F, 61 Lung Kong Road, Kowloon City
Opening hour: 09:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00 (Monday to Friday)